View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
MindFusion FX
Base Member

Drives: Getting a 370 Soon
MindFusion FX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MindFusion FX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergnthwirker View Post
Aesthetically, I think the Navi option adds a lot of class to the instrument panel. I have the touring/sport but no Nav, and the flip-up panel in the center of the dash reminds others that I cheaped out.

The navi gives you a lot of control options that are missing elsewise, an iPod dock + XM traffic. I find, however, that I can live quite nicely without it, and a simple Garmin Nuvi works just fine if I need nav.

The touring gives you heated seats, leather instead of cloth (with nice alcantra seating surfaces), bluetooth, aluminum pedals, auto-dimming mirror, the Bose 6-disc/8 speaker stereo, satellite radio. The sport option gives you the limited slip differential, 19" forged wheels, spoilers, and the synchro-rev match system.

If you want looks and performance, the sport package is a no-brainer. You can skip the touring if none of those features is critical to you. My wife REALLY wanted heated seats, and a different color interior, which turned the tide for us, and frankly we like the bluetooth and XM more than we expected. So the touring has turned out to be nicer to live with, for our needs.
i agree with the better look in the instrument panel and the "i cheaped out" look of the picket. for me its not even about cheaping out, its more about not wasting money on something i wont be happy with. im definitely getting sport pack, thats a no brainer like you said. i'd would add my own navi and subs and everythng if i get the base model (too many people were complaining about the bose not being that great).

im in south florida so heated seats is something i'll never turn on..leather here burns up. the bluetooth i can get in after market navi..so i guess it comes down to leather vs cloth seats and whether or not i want a big pocket.
MindFusion FX is offline   Reply With Quote