View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKHRYDE View Post
Just to clarify I am not downshifting.... I am letting the car downshift on its own (when it is slowing down).
Shouldn't make any difference. When the transmission downshifts in either mode you should get the throttle blip and feel some engine-braking (although engine-braking can be amazingly light for such high compression).

First thing I'd do is check and make sure all the connectors going in/out of the transmission are plugged in tight. And anything else that might have gotten knocked loose in the crash or during repairs.

If that didn't fix things, I'd look at the FSM to see if I could figure out what might be causing the problem and start checking the things I could. I'd look at the throttle blip circuit first. Could be the torque convertor is not locking/unlocking properly.

But I'm no expert. It may require taking to a dealer for some CONSULT time.