View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
enkei2k
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 G41 B/S M6
enkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malm View Post
Before you ask.. I did use the search, and It comes up with almost every thread with the word UPS in it..

I received an item that UPS probably dropped and put a little scratch/chip in it. A day before delivery, it was 100% pristine (could tell by the email) and the shipper has a high rep, high post count, very active..so really no reason to distrust him. (and we have been in constant contact).

So, I know it is up to the shipper to file a claim ect.. but what exactly happens? Ups customer service people are not to friendly (at least the ones I talk too).

Here are the facts: Siebon lip shipped, pristine condition
Lip picked up @ the warehouse..but no place to really tear open the ton of bubble wrap, Styrofoam , and tape to inspect it (plus picked it up about 5 mins to close)
Brought home, noticed couple little chips.. contacted shipper..and he is concerned and will contact ups.

Now, what happens in a dispute.. I imagine they will come out, inspect the packaging/item.. and then what? If a claim goes thru..does the item get sent back to the shipper and money reimbursed..or do I just keep the item..shipper gets reimbursed (and so do I) ?

Just curious.. if it will be a hassle to deal with UPS. Thanks!
shipper has to deal with UPS. Shipper has to contact UPS and notify them that the customer received a damaged item. It also depends if the shipper purchased extra insurance or not. UPS generally insures up to $100 only and will cost more if you want extra insurance based on past experience.

Once the shipper contacts UPS, then UPS will in turn contact you either by phone or in person or both. They may actually come to your location to physically inspect the package/shipment, so make sure that everything is as you received it and don't throw away the packaging. I don't know if they actually take the original item or not or if they let you keep it.

The whole claim process usually takes about 7-10 business days and they will notify the shipper of the result. Once they notify the shipper of the result, the shipper has to fill out some paperwork and send it over to UPS for reimbursement. UPS then cuts a check over to the shipper and it's up to the shipper to either reimburse the customer, or send out a replacement item.

Source: worked in online customer service for 6+ years and dealt with many UPS claims. YMMV but this is based on from a business point of view, and I'm not sure how it is with personal sales but it should be similar.