View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Malm
Track Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z bs a7
Malm is a jewel in the roughMalm is a jewel in the roughMalm is a jewel in the roughMalm is a jewel in the rough
Default Ups damaged product question

Before you ask.. I did use the search, and It comes up with almost every thread with the word UPS in it..

I received an item that UPS probably dropped and put a little scratch/chip in it. A day before delivery, it was 100% pristine (could tell by the email) and the shipper has a high rep, high post count, very active..so really no reason to distrust him. (and we have been in constant contact).

So, I know it is up to the shipper to file a claim ect.. but what exactly happens? Ups customer service people are not to friendly (at least the ones I talk too).

Here are the facts: Siebon lip shipped, pristine condition
Lip picked up @ the warehouse..but no place to really tear open the ton of bubble wrap, Styrofoam , and tape to inspect it (plus picked it up about 5 mins to close)
Brought home, noticed couple little chips.. contacted shipper..and he is concerned and will contact ups.

Now, what happens in a dispute.. I imagine they will come out, inspect the packaging/item.. and then what? If a claim goes thru..does the item get sent back to the shipper and money reimbursed..or do I just keep the item..shipper gets reimbursed (and so do I) ?

Just curious.. if it will be a hassle to deal with UPS. Thanks!
Malm is offline   Reply With Quote