View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #5373 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Detailed the Z yesterday and just finished changing out my in-cabin air filter. With the ugly weather outside - just waiting for the rain that is hitting mr. JAR right now - That's probably it for the Z this weekend.

I did play a little bit yesterday. AutoGeek.com was advertising a new two-stage "Rain-X type" product for the windshield. The idea is to polish first before applying the water repellant.

In typical gurney OCD fashion, I took it a step further and first polished the windshield with some Griot's glass polish. I'm very happy with the results.

The test is to put your hand inside a quart size Ziploc bag and drag it across the glass. You would be amazed at the resistance and bumpy feeling. After a full polish, it's a smooth as glass.

Just to test the product, I applied a very light coat to the windshield before washing the car. The water rolled right off.

Nanoskin Rain Prep Glass Activator & Cleaner

Nanoskin Rain Glass Sealant

Glass Polish, 8 Ounces - Griot's Garage

I'm inside for the rest of the weekend watching car shows.

Have a great weekend all!
Nicely done Sir.