View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
dcrew1x
Track Member

Drives: Graphite Bullet
dcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond repute

FI is definitely louder. Has a different tone than the Stillen as well. The CF resonators also add a bit of flavorful tone to the mix.

Simply put, the 18" resonators are not as loud as the 12".

Both CBE give a decent performance gain. As for me, since I already have Stillen bolt ons, I'll end up choosing the Stillen CBE.

The FI TDX CBE is lighter than stock esp w/ the CF resonators.

The Stillen you will be adding +11lbs over stock exhaust. But, the weight is towards the rear section: the muffler, which should help with traction since it is a RWD vehicle.

In terms of reducing weight and balancing out the car, it's so much easier to remove weight from the rear (spare tire, trunk liners, tools, amp, subs, etc) as opposed to the front. In doing so, you lose your Front/Rear balance for cornering. This is why people relocate batteries to the rear to balance out this weight as an example. The Stillen CBE's additional weight being in the rear helps offset this balance. So I don't think adding weight is really a setback.

I love the sound of both CBE but I think the FI CBE is a tad on the raspy side. You will definitely have some drone at higher RPMs as heard from the videos, but it's not bad and I doubt your girlfriend will hate it. IMO the stillen cbe has the best of both worlds: sound and performance.

In terms of looks/aesthetics, FI has it hands down. But if you're only into looks, try also looking at the Greddy SE exhaust or the HKS exhaust. The tips look amazing.

In the end, to each his own. I think the Stillen balances performance and sound while the FI CBE balances aesthetics and performance.

Good luck

2009 PG 6MT Sports Stillen Gen3 CAI | Stillen CBE | AMS Short Shifter | Nismo Brace Kit
dcrew1x is offline   Reply With Quote