View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
A week?!? Yeah that's insane. I can't imagine that happening on public roadways without being completely irresponsible

What Chuck said. Don't hold the brake pedal when stopped if your brakes are hot. This causes the pad to deposit a bunch of material in a single location on the rotor and is the definition of uneven pad depositing, which is often incorrectly referred to as a warped rotor.
So, I think I'm guilty of this with my rotors. They feel warped... Aside from turning, is there a way to fix it by trying the bedding techniques?

Nissan offered $240 to turn them, but I figure I can get rotors for that same price or cheaper.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote