View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #70 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Could not agree more Chuck. I know that I am only going to inch my way up to 14 psi slowly. I am putting together something built, but again slowly. I want this stock block to:

*last as long as possible(at least until the built block is on a stand somehweres), so I can get the greatest amount of data/fun out of it as possible
*give us an idea where stock internals can go with appropriate fuel, tune, cooling and kit
*identify at any point where VVEL shuts down this kit(it hasn't yet)
*Be built into a barbecue or tablestand when it does pop..lol

At the moment I know I am running at 10ish psi on the street, I have taken it to 11,
but I will save that for later. Taking it slow is the only way to iron out any wrinkles, fix them and proceed.

So far it has been smooth sailing, I have been kicking this car in the ***, it has been up to task.

Oh yeah, I am sure alot of us guys on this kit are looking to redefine the stock vq37 name. It really is a force to be reckoned with.

Only time will tell. I won't be too sad when/if this thing blows, a med comp med-hi boost 900hp build sounds like fun.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote