View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

The camber goes more negative when it squats, so the closer to zero you start out, the better. This car cambers HARD on squat. Normally you would want weight transfer and squat, but in a Z I would stiffen up the rear to prevent it if driving on street tires or drag radials unless I had the car aligned specifically for drag racing and didn't care about handling. Otherwise I would set base alignment around .5 negative camber and go stiff on the rear shock.

Don't forget that if you are running super aggressive wheel offsets, there is a chance they might not fit when you take out the camber.

Also, keep the rear suspension height closer to stock. The more slammed your car is, puts you deeper into the control arm arc, and the camber/compression ratio becomes more aggressive, pulling the top of the tires in even faster.