View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
faceglide
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z FI TT BkChr
faceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond reputefaceglide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabel View Post
To all boosted guys: could you share some knowledge&tips for traction improvements on your 400-500WHP beasts? Especially for drag racing and starts from 0 speed.

Could you mark below ways for better traction from best to worst? :

1. Racelogic traction control
2. Final drive gears (which one?)
3. Differential bushings upgrade
4. Suspension upgrade - 0 camber
5. Electronic Boost Controller with boost by speed/RPM

What else? (I did not mention about tires and wheels on purpose - because its obvious)
1. Not a huge fan of this. The car is not a GT-R, launches will never be automatic on a 3300lb RWD front heavy, short back powerhouse. Altho RL can get you into launch control, which has its uses with a turbo build.
2. Auto gears are a possibility. I am not a fan because I have always been a member of the "gear ratios swaps are bandaids not solutions". But after experiencing my car @ 600hp/590 ft lb....I can see some benefit by increasing the relevancy of 1/2/3 to match your power levels.
3. This should be #1. The best traction mod for the buck. Install sucks, or is expensive, but worth it.
4. I wouldn't go quite 0. Remember this car will go positive when it squats, it WILL squat. Just a thought, but 0 is definitely the right direction. I went with stock on re11's and my traction is formidable when they warm up.
5. Again, sure, but driver modulation again.WE are not running 30lbs boost, so you won't see much to gain from boost by gear, not much more by load or speed. I would suggest sensitivity if the punch is too hard, this will dull out the sharpness of that surge. The lovely thing about low boost, high power, is that you can modulate power, but keep your spool/pressure(because there isn't THAT much).

TL/DR: Suspension is lacking and is always first. Bushings are awesome, everything else is going to have to be tweaked to your specs, based on track data, everything is just speculative really. Electronics only mask driver deficiencies to a point. Just get out there and have fun with it, then tweak accordingly. I would definitely get a **** ton of passes before changing gears.
faceglide is offline   Reply With Quote