View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Agreed, but if his street driving is "spirited" enough to warp rotors he's either sitting at red lights with the brake pedal crammed on the floor or his definition of "spirited" is a lot more aggressive than mine.
Gotcha

And that is exactly why I added the bit about braking habits. Heating up your brakes and then sitting on them stopped at a light is about the worst thing you can do for them while street driving. Knowing that and avoiding it is a great way to avoid problems with uneven pad depositing.

Also, my "spirited" street driving is deliberately sporadic. I do it when the roads are clear, and I don't do it for very long periods of time. This helps me get my fix when I need it, and I avoid pushing the car (my DD) too much where it causes problems down the road. Just my

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote