Thread: Maf pipes
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 12:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
megalapagas
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10 370Z Tour A/T
megalapagas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
yep, it was the filter i was using, i moved from a pod filter to a cone filter, i think it was because there was no opening in the top of the filter where the air gets rammed into it was left to suck in hot engine air

i did take the intakes off for a period of time but than randomly i decided to buy 2 cone style filters(specter air filters at orileys) and put the intakes back on, it made a world of difference

the most i have seen is 130 IATs and that was literally in dead stop for 30 mins cause CHP had shut down the highway temporarily cause of an accident(thankfully it wasnt long)

ill wait until summer to see what IATs are then but right now my IATs are the same as the stock box from what i logged and im extremely happy with the intakes, although i do plan on extending them using similar parts Synolimit(only difference is it being in bigger size) used so i can have a true cold air intake until i supercharge
INTERESTING you say this as I too bought the spectre filter but it didn't fit my Ram Air Tubes because filter was too big....I'm curious to know how you fitted it?