View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:30 AM   #303 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had a video to show you how bad my 350z would buck and hesitate if you tried to hold it at 2400 or 3100 rpm. Just standard cruising around town you pass these rpms all the time. It's annoyance was cumulative and you sort of learn to drive around it. But I'll tell ya, it was bad! 17s AF and jerking and bucking until you either push thru the RPM or backed off it by up shifting. The potential for this severity of problems is why we just said skip it and put the dampers back in. Tons of my customers never did have a noticeable problem though. In that thread linked you can see the guy who started to chase it and datalogging it noticed that while putting the setup back to stock dampening solved the drivability problems, but he could still see it in logging and he eventually added one more additional damper over stock.

Last edited by phunk; 02-10-2014 at 01:35 AM.