View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #278 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
checked his pm's maybe? either way dampers on a return system are not neccesary, I've seen 3000hp cars with no dampers. You know whos gonna tell you that you need them? the guy selling them.
A rather ignorant comment of yours. I do not appreciate your attitude about my personality at all. Simply because someone is selling an item, doesn't make them guilty of attempting to CON you.

A 3000hp car without dampers? The harmonics have no relation to the engine horsepower. They are also unnoticed during heavy acceleration because you pass through the "bad" RPMs very quickly. This a driveability issue, and totally unrelated to dyno graphs and horsepower.

We have gone back and updated every fuel system we make to integrate dampers. We did NOT have to revisit our systems that I can hardly keep in stock. We did it for our customers to have a better final product.

You're not correct at all... but lets pretend you were right about anything. Is there any reason to remove them? I mean... you already own them, they are on the engine already... if you can keep something that Nissan thinks your engine needs to run more smoothly, and it doesnt even cost you anything... why not?

There are endless reports of the issue in the DE world. I personally saw the issue on my own VHR, and 2 weeks ago I was contacted by a popular Z tuner about a 370z with GTM rails, hesitating and bucking at the specified RPMs. I guess we will see how that gets fixed?

What is the honest truth... do you NEED dampers on your VQ. No. Will your car run and drive smoother with them? YES, proven several times over now. How bad is it if you don't have any? It is anyone's best guess, as the severity ranges based on currently unknown determining factors. Some customers were completely fed up and annoyed by it, while many say they never noticed an issue. In the end, why leave the slack for it? Just do it right, and its done.

Last edited by phunk; 02-06-2014 at 07:10 PM.