View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #275 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I have sold more fuel rails for the VQ than any manufacturer, guaranteed. Several hundreds of sets. I have more user and tuner feedback than anyone on the matter.

No engine NEEDS dampers. But there are side effects to removing, and the VQ is very sensitive to it. You run into lean spots than cannot be tuned out.

Many DE cars were suffering adverse side effects from removing them, and customers REQUESTED that we make a new rail with dampers. We did as requested, and even offered a several month long exchange program to swap out rails for customers experiencing the side effects. We gave out TONS of rails at hardly over our cost of time and material in exchange for the old rails back to mostly destroy to keep the used fuel rail market from flooding and halting our normal sales.

There are long threads on the issue on the 350z forum, including a member showing datalogs going from no dampers, to 1, to 2, and eventually to 3.

My personal 370z running the a prototype fuel system configuration where I removed just 1 of the 3 dampers already developed a lean hesitation at 3100rpm.

Not all cars will experience it on a level that is noticeable to the driver. Datalogs will show it on any car with them removed. I have never found the ryhme or reason that determines which cars suffer and which dont. We had customers experience it with different regulators, different pumps, and all various injectors.

We had so many customers that DID experience, that it was foolish to continue production of rails that do not have them, when we can just simply prevent the problem from occurring for everyone.

The problem will easily be brushed off by many as a tuning quirk or side effect of a highly modified vehicle. But it is actually completely correctable.

Personally, I dont care one way or another which system cosmo buys. SOMEONE is going to buy this used GTM system, which is one less sale of my system. So... makes no difference who buys it. I actually sort of hope cosmo does... cause he seems like the type that will speak his mind. Now that I am calling attention to the side effects he is going to see, he can simply see them for himself, and later on I will just sell him some rails that can swap right in and fix the problem.

Its a win for all of us!

~2400rpm, ~3100rpm : Pay attention to how the car drives at part throttle light acceleration through these RPM ranges after you install the system.

Last edited by phunk; 02-06-2014 at 07:06 PM.