View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
Z1NONLY
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 16 FR-S
Z1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I have done them all and didnt enjoy most of them. I have had to work 2.5 hours for less than 3 minutes of seat time. I have had to work at night because the event went too long. I had an event that was cancelled with no refund due to heavy rain, this was after I sat out for 2 hours. There were also quirky politics and rules too. It's not everyone's cup of tea. If you like it, more power to you.
The quirky rules got a lot better this year when they changed the rules to where street tires will probably become the norm and most race tires will be on science-project cars. They still fret over small stuff in the rule book but the race tires in "stock" classes was the elephant in the room.

As far as work time goes, try a test and tune if you want seat time. At our events, it's not uncommon for people to get 10 runs or more on a test and tune day. A LOT of seat time is available at our novice school (10-15 runs before lunch) and the test and tune course on the other side uses 30-min work intervals for a pair of runs. Rinse, repeat.

Competition days have less seat time because of more people, but when attendance is light, we offer as many as six runs.
Z1NONLY is offline   Reply With Quote