Thread: Denver Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #448 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Shadezz had his ss brakes done by a dealer buddy I believe, but the install is SUPER easy. (the hardest part is jacking standing all 4 corners, which probably is not strictly necessary) I put on my lines then bled the brakes (you need a buddy to do it). 5000 miles later absolutely no leaks or problems. The brakes feel great. Plenty of DIY vids around the forum. If you have a buddy it is probably about one easy hour. Just be careful to not strip your hardware (use good quality wrenches is all)

I asked some guys at brakes plus if they wanted to put them on, but they wanted 200 bucks!!! Screw that! I think Shadezz might know a guy that can give you a better deal...

One bit of advice, if you are bleeding the brakes anyhow, take the opportunity to replace your brake fluid with RBF600 (it is much better/safer at high temps like you might encounter at the track) get 2 bottles to be sure you have enough, and have some extra for later top offs.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote