View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #7791 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Oooh! For the last few months, my '09 knobs have been erratic, the encoders weren't being reliably read by my radio (bose navi) and it was very irritating. So today at lunch I gently pulled the knobs off all 4 controls (they were all intermittently being read when rotated), and sprayed Cramolin Red, rotated them a few times (I sprayed them at the border of the potentiomer/encoder assy aluminum plate/plastic body, I bent my red spray tube down slightly). They now work flawlessly.
I recommend this for anyone who has an out of warranty car. Don't use just any old tuner cleaner, use something that cleans, lubricates, and leaves a protective coating. Many "cleaner" products for electronics washes off the factory lubricant and really screws them up.