View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #2756 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajam View Post
So it's not a medical induced coma? Dang, its so weird that a guy that drives and makes decisions at super human levels gets into an accident like this.
IMO - Not really that surprised. His "super human levels" was driving a high performance car, here he was a middle age guy on a difficult section of the mountain when he crashed skiing. If you ski or snowboard (I do) you will know it is far more dangerous to be doing 120+km/hour down a hill then racing on a track much easier to slip up or have something unexpected come up on you on the hill. On a race track the roads are perfectly paved and they train on the course for countless laps before the big show/challenge. I fell a lot safer in my car at high speeds then I do on my snowboard going balls to the wall/flat out down some hills. But then again that is part of the fun having the rush of just flying down the hill and the adrenaline pumping the whole way down!