Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #690 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah so, travis, I found the front OEM tow hook points, duh. The clip-hooks on my existing ratchet straps get through them, but not cleanly - they hang up at an odd angle where the tension would be trying to bend the hook sideways (it's those blade-shaped hooks you can see on the blue ratchet strap in the picture above). I think I can fix it with some larger, more rounded hooks I have here (which has a clevis pin on the other end), and link them with one of those chain links with the screw connector on the side (all rated for the car's load of course).

And yeah, raising the car makes the door much easier to deal with, and the tow straps. I have a solution now (as you recommended!) with some 2x12 lumber, I think I'm just going to nail the lumber down in place so it doesn't slip as I drive over it.