View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:36 AM   #3273 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1H View Post
Hello,

The 2.5" true dual FI TDX seems the way to go for my GTM MHI kit. The entire exhaust looks just BEAUTIFUL

Wanted to ask what the U Bent O2 sensor non-foulers do. Do they prevent the check engine light from coming on, which would otherwise happen due to increased exhaust flow?

Secondly, how do the 300 cell FI cats compare to the 200 cell cats from the likes of Berk/Erz/Stillen? Even better flow? Would they mate to the 2.5" TDX CBE?

Thirdly, I find the resonated catback still too quiet and civilised. Therefore I want to go with the non-resonated X-pipe. But in my quest for yet a little more exhaust noise, would the carbon mufflers help over the SS mufflers or do they sound the same? What about the 4.5" resonated tips? Looking at the Saclam exhaust tips, one can see slits as if they were non-resonated. Might this trick give them this orgasmic F1 sound track? Maybe a small DIY job might achieve the same. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your advice
1. Thank you for the compliment on our exhaust.

2. You are correct, our "J" bend style anti fouler keeps the CEL off.

3. There is a lot of confusion and miss quoted information out there about certain companies using "200 cell" cat cores. Aside of ERZ, I am nearly certain the other 2 are using 300 cell cat cores just like us. The difference is that we no longer use Magnaflow cat cores. We have not since the end of 2008. There were multiple reasons why we switched suppliers but the main factor was the quality. In the 5 years since we switched we have had less issues across the board. Our cats line up to either the stock exhaust or ours perfectly. They were designed to end in stock location.

4. If you are going to TT your car then you can go the route of non resonated x pipe and most likely not have it be too loud. The turbo's will act as primary mufflers and do a very effective job at cutting down the overall sound. The carbon fiber will sound a little louder and slightly higher pitched. More towards that F1 sound you are going for. As for our tips, they are a vital part to our system. Currently they are the only option that we offer.

I think that this covers it all for now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote