View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #352 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I would be definitely interested on an oil pan more than I am on the diff cover. That is me though, my car is not a track racer like most the ones in this thread. I guess I fall on the "tard" category Chris mentioned earlier of making my car heavier by making it look nice but hey, it is what it is. With the TT I need all the cooling I can get as far as engine oil goes, I'd be down for a high capacity baffled oil pan.

Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with GTM's offering?

The GTM pan is a serious over kill in which I feel there was no research done other than make a big oil pan cause it will fit. The baffle is wonderful on levels. The GTM pan all you get is a big pan with 3qts more oil. So that said it will take a couple months to bring oil up to temps (unless on a track), once up to temperature all you have is more hot oil. There's no real cooling properties going on beyond a oil cooler. Now the pan cost $400+. IMO get a oil pan spacer and 7'' Spal fan for your 34R oil cooler (considering most already do). In which the the Spal fan you can order different sensors to activate at different temps like 195 degrees. So at 195 you are instantly starting a cooling process. A pan is not doing nothing.