View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Drakonis GTR
Base Member

Drives: 09' 370Z B/S Rd M6
Drakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the rough

My experience with Carmax is that they will generally give around trade-in for a vehicle, but they will nit-pick the **** out of it. They are in the game to make money. I generally don't buy vehicles from them because they tend to sell their vehicles for upper retail, and I can generally get a better deal from another dealer with a little bit of haggling.

On a side not, when I had bought my Z (09' base/sport with 22k miles) from a Mitsubishi dealership, it had come with the Fast Intentions exhaust and the aFe Takeda intake already installed (thank you previous owner!!). The dealer let me have it for $21k because he was having trouble selling it with the exhaust on it. The average customer didn't like the extra noise. Which worked out great for me, but I'm sure the previous owner took a good hit on his trade-in because of it.

2009 Nissan 370Z Base w/ Sport Package
F.I . LTHs with Non-Resonated Cat-back exhaust (C.F.) / Stillen Gen3 CAI / Up-Rev Tune

Last edited by Drakonis GTR; 01-04-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Drakonis GTR is offline   Reply With Quote