View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #144 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab864 View Post
Here's the set-up on pressure tank on my '13. The first cap on the radiator is just a sealing cap with no pressure relief spring. I presume the coolant in the radiator heats up and expansion moves it under pressure into the pressurized tank where it cools and then returns to the system. Here's a pic of the cap off the radiator.

And a close-up of the cap showing it's just a sealing cap with no relief spring.

The third pic shows the cap that is on the coolant tank which is a normal radiator cap. I think the idea of the system must be to increase the circulating capacity of the cooling system by 2-3 quarts. It's obviously not just an overflow system. I think this is the same type system on GT-R and the technology may have trickled down from that system.

Looks like to me someone swapped the two caps in their original positions.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote