View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #116 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
My insurance has yet to look at it. They're supposed to today and I'll find out what they wanna do. Collision center guy couldn't say if they'd total it, Cuz he's not writing the check. He did say they'd have to due to the part not being sold by Nissan.
You need it totaled. In my mind, and what I thought most insurance company's minds was that once an airbag is deployed it's totaled.
Reason being that once it's replaced, if you get into another accident, the odds of it not working ate much MUCH higher, and that risk and liability is on them...

And guys, please, please do not bring up some BS stat saying insurance companies need it to be over xx% of the car's value to total it, we'll all just give different he said she said info. My Maxima was totaled out with 8k of damage and they paid out 28k. They total out based on the cost and liability to keep the car on the road. My Maxima had was in a flood, they totaled it because they said that over time problems will come up due to rust or many other things and it wasn't worth it. Makes sense.

All that said, OP, push fora total loss. Say you don't trust anyone but the factory to install safety features in the car. Insurance should overpay you, so it won't be hard to get an equivalent or better 370Z very easily