View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #2501 (permalink)
Alkatraz
Base Member

Drives: 2008 Skyline 370GT
Alkatraz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elperuano View Post
He's absolutely right except for property taxes.
if anyone prepped their car for boost and are not driving their Z then I can only imagine how they are feeling. Paying the loan on the car (which most people take out) sucks. Paying full coverage insurance on a vehicle just sitting in a garage sucks.
I ran a google search and did read something about property taxes on cars and boats in some states, so its not necessarily incorrect. Im just interested in whether this is just the normal yearly rego costs or some other large tax that some people get slugged with.

Totally agree about insurance and loan repayments if you happen to have them. I don't think too many people would not have been driving their cars at all during the past 6 months though so to say that those costs demonstrate the "REAL..." price of this kit is pretty silly. More likely just inflammatory but i've beaten that horse well past death already....

I feel bad for Nix (apart from the fact that he is ending up with lots of free goodies) but he is the test car so not exactly a normal scenario. The rest of us have been delayed by 6-7 months from the initially announced "June/July" release date. At the time this date was announced it was obviously still very tentative (as indicated by the two month date span), i initially had my hopes on September/October in time for my birthday.

Even if we assume that the absolute official release date was June 1st (which it obviously wasn't), then the delay is now coming up to 7 months. I know that some other kits have been delayed by 6+ months in the recent past and they were not producing 100+ kits or having emergency brain surgery so why so much negativity?