Thread: Gearing
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix 808 View Post
Luigi I see your not grasping the concept of mechanical advantage & apparently you were shorted a gear being you only mention 5th gear. I have proven this concept on 2 wheels more than once or twice. Merry Christmas
care to explain how it raises topspeed than?

id like for you to prove me wrong, as shorter gears(in this case final drive since thats what OP is asking about, i dont think OP is really gonna go out there and regear his entire tranny) do not allow you to go faster speed wise, it only allows you to get to a certain speed faster(IE a car with 4.08 gears will get to 80 faster than a car with the stock 3.69 gears)

im also using 5th gear(1:1) as an example, the same can be told for every gear, final drive swaps lower your top speed as you run out of RPM

you have yet to explain this mechanical advantage that some how magically allows you to exceed the maximum speed possible, id really love to hear it(really i would)

like i said before, physics and math do not lie
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote