View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #7479 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidInIndy View Post
Drove her this morning to work (won't be here long since it's Christmas eve). Temp indicator showed 7 degrees...and she was just fine. In fact, I didn't notice anything different compared to if it was 50 degrees. Actually had to turn off the seat warmer half-way through the drive.

BTW, this is my first Z, first Nissan, and first RWD vehicle. (I've still only had her less than a year.) With the winters here in Indy I had to talk myself into the car, hoping that by using some extra winter care in driving that I'd be alright. Well I'm here to say that the roadster has been just fine...even without snow tires. This has proven to me that it's not so much the car, but the driver is what matters. Not patting myself on the back, but I've seen plenty of FWD cars in ditches, while this RWD vehicle is just fine.

Still more than impressed with my first Z...even in these frigid conditions (at least for this former Californian).
uhhh...

please stay off the road where i drive. your confidence will wear out when you least expect it. dry roads are fine, wet roads in those temps are a different story when you need to make an emergency stop or maneuver. that's when the right tires will make a world of difference.