View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #63 (permalink)
Gadgetech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: The Short Bus
Gadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond repute

I installed a Kenwood DDX790 in my Z today, replacing the non-Bose unit. I was having difficulty getting the ASWC-1 controls to work and called into Crutchfield tech support. We did the auto programming which only programmed the volume button. I explained that I really needed to manually program everything but the Axxess wasn't responding to the inputs for manual programming.

I placed a call to Axxess to talk with their tech support at the request of Crutchfield. He and I went over the wiring and we had everything hooked up according to the instructions provided but he said many Nissans have the wiring backwards so he suggested switching the blue/gray wire with the red/gray wire. We'd already soldered everything in so we just cut the blue/gray and red/gray wires, stripped the wires, butt soldered them together and put some heat shrink over them. It would have been too difficult to go back into the harness and re-do what we'd already done. Little chintzy but what the heck. Anyway, after switching the wires I went through the auto programming method again and all the buttons work!

Kenchan - I was able to get the auto programming to work on all my buttons with the ASWC!

Maybe it's b/c I had the non-bose and this isn't an issue but in all my searching I didn't read anywhere that folks were having success with the ASWC and auto-programming.