View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Z View Post
I have owned both. I had a 2008 G37 in auto. Went from that to a Lexus is250 to a BMW 135i and now have a Z. The G was and is a comfortable car, but the Z is a DRIVERS car. Love my Z. I dont know if I can get very specific but I LOVE my Z so much more than any other car I have ever owned. Make sure you buy 6mt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rAiN View Post
Came from g37 coupe, I really do miss amenities in g37. Much more better quality than the z for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
I didn't own a g37 coupe but did test drive a G37s 7at back to back with my 370z. The G and my Z are pretty equal from an amenities standpoint. The G had a more glitzy interior which is expected and I did like the sunroof. The ride was definately quieter as well. I ended up with the Z because it was a purpose built sports car. Hard to describe but when I sat in the Z it just felt right. The G was too watered down for me and I personally felt it was better in sedan form. I think the G coupe is a good xompromise for those who want a sporty coupe but cant have two cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkStr8 View Post
Infiniti guy here...2008 G35S sedan with tons of mods, 2011 G37S coupe - mod'd (wrecked it), 2012 EX35 - tons of mods (see other posts) - and also have a 2012 FX, which I love.

My Z is a different car, and that's what I love about it. People talk about missing the luxuries - but I bought mine loaded. So with nav and such - the only thing i really miss is the power steering wheel. My roadster has ventilated seats - which my G's and EX did not - but my FX does have. Oh - and the ability to just put it into sport in auto and paddle shift or not - the Z when in sport you have to paddle shift versus just being in sport.

About as much room in the roadster trunk as the G coupe - and the coupe Z has more. My G35S sedan actually had more room in the trunk than my EX.

It's all a matter of preference. Engine the same, chassis the same, akebono's the same, tranny the same (altho diff tune), etc.

You can't go wrong with any of them.
DISCLAIMER - Personal opinion about to be expressed. No offense intended.

I had a 2008 G37S with 5 AT. I grew to hate that car. I think the G35 is one of Nissan's most beautiful cars; the G37 one of their more awkward looking.

While the interior was more luxurious, it WAS NOT the 335 competitor it was said to be. It was more of a luxury car. It was heavy and drove that way.

I chose a 370Z because I wanted less-contented, more basic car. It's louder, rides rougher, and is less well-appointed. It's exactly what I wanted.

No it's not an MGB or a TR7 from the 70's, but's it's got enough appointments to keep me interested without losing it's focus as a sports car.

There is no denying the dealer experience was better with Infiniti, but Z owners do seem to get a better level of service, along with the GT-R guys, at the dealerships I go to.

Again, this is my opinion. There is no wrong answer; it's your money, your personal taste. You just need to decide what is important to you.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote