View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
mts
Base Member

Drives: Porsche 911
mts has a spectacular aura aboutmts has a spectacular aura aboutmts has a spectacular aura about
Default Griot's garage floor coating vs. Quickcrete

I know garage floor coatings come up here from time to time and since I just did my fall garage cleaning I thought I would do a quick report on Griot's vs. Quickcrete since I have now done both. I did the Quickcrete product in gray at my old house (sorry no pics) and used it for about 5 years in a working garage. It is a decent product, but even with excellent prep I had some hot tire pick-up in the first year and it didn't look that great after about the first 6 months. After 5 years it was pretty beaten up.....still better than an exposed garage floor by leaps and bounds, but I probably wouldn't use the product again.

About a year and a half ago I moved and decided to try a different product. I went with the Griot's product in tan this time. After a year and a half the Griot's product is holding up significantly better with no hot tire pick up whatsoever. It also has stayed much more shiny and "new" looking compared to the Quickcrete product. Time will tell how well it holds up over the next 5 years or so, but so far I am pleased and it really wasn't that much more expensive than the Quickcrete product.

The tan color went down a little lighter than I had hoped and seems to show dirt/stains a little worse than the gray Quickcrete product. If I could do it all over again I would definitely stick with the Griot's product, but probably go with the gray color instead of the tan.

Both garages were between 15-20 years old when the coatings went down. If anything, I would say the concrete at my old house (Quickcrete) was in better shape went the coating went on.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garage 1 11-29-13-small.jpg (116.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Garage 2 11-29-13-small.jpg (109.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Garage 3 11-29-13-small.jpg (107.5 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by Trips; 11-29-2013 at 01:09 PM.
mts is offline   Reply With Quote