View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #114 (permalink)
JonBoy
Base Member

Drives: Bleh
JonBoy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
sorry but the cayman is hardly a realistic choice. to pay so much money for a car that is only marginally faster than the z is ridiculous. at that price range, there are so many better options on the market. Like an m3 or a used 911 carrera. or even just fork out the extra few thousand and upgrade to a gt-r. and its exterior looks really lame, too conservative, passive and girly.
You didn't see the stats for the 2009 Cayman S with PDK, obviously.

0-60 in 4.1s
1/4 mile in 12.5s @ 110 mph
0.99 lateral gs
60-0 in 104 ft

Those numbers match a 2009 Corvette in a straight line for time though the 1/4 mile trap speed is lower (purely a function of power). The 2009 Cayman S is significantly quicker (when launched) compared to a 370Z. It grips as hard or harder and it brakes better, plus it is better balanced (this goes for all the Caymans, not just the 2009 models).

It's as quick or quicker than the M3 and it's just as quick as a base 911 from a dig and only marginally slower than the 911S (997S) with PDK. Only from roll would you see the M3 and 911 pull away (again, purely a function of power).

I'm not saying it's worth $70K (I wouldn't pay it - I'd buy it used for $20K cheaper in two years) but it's definitely a LOT quicker than a 370Z when it has the PDK transmission.

I also agree that a Nissan GT-R is a huge performance bargain for the price but it's also very expensive to maintain (seen the "required" maintenance costs yet?) and close to $20K more than the Cayman S after it's all said and done.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote