View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo8642 View Post
Now your putting words in my mouth, and I did say you have to take mass in account. It seems like your having an issue understanding this is not a disk, or a hoop. It's not just about the rim size but it's the tire size diameter and width, that will in the end dictate the moment of inertia. If your going to do it, do it right is all I'm saying.
maybe you misunderstood. I measured with a photogate. Hence the "it's a lot easier to measure"

I'm pretty sure I'm not the one struggling to understand the physics involved

Quote:
That's a great and all, but why is it that race teams have been putting larger diameter rims on races cars, and every decade they seem to get just little bigger?
brakes.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote