View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #110 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
Funny because I always thought the boxster and cayman were more of a porsche on a "budget" (budget being a relative term of course) made for those wanna-be porsche owners who cannot afford a 911 carrera. At least that's the impression you get from carrera owners and how they look down on boxster/cayman owners. I strongly doubt anyone who can afford a carrera would downgrade to a cayman/boxster
I think that's true of the Boxster, but the Caymen really handles well compared to a stock 911, and Porsche was so concerned about the two being too close, that they detuned the Caymen engine. Of course when you get into GT-3 territory, it's a whole nother ballgame, albeit an expensive one.