View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #47 (permalink)
zeeder
Enthusiast Member

Drives: ‘13 370Z ST 6M
zeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I read that as: Different than stock tires count but replacing tires for wear/tear doesn't. If I change to non-stock tires, that goes on the tally sheet. When I replace tires (stock or not) because of wear/tear, it doesn't. YMMV
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, everything on the car wears....it's all wear items. even spoilers, paint, body kits all wear. chips, contaminants, stains, UV
Agreed, however, there are parts that are listed as wear items and, as such, are not covered under warranty. These are the things that I consider upgrades and not mods. Things like tires, brake pads, clutch plate and the like. You can replace the wear item with a higher or lower quality part but unless you change the system that uses the wear item it's an upgrade and not a mod. For instance, if you install better brake pads => upgrade but if you install a BBK => mod.