View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elan
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Installing Passive Crossover Help!

Hello Forum! (bigaudio )

I want to install the passive crossovers that came with my Polk Audio db1001 tweeters. My tweeters are connected in parallel to my 6.5s. Now every website I have been to told me to wire the capacitor to the positive wire of the tweeter. Problem is my capacitors have both + and - wires on each side. In short, this is how many sites showed the install:

My this is how my polk audio passive crossovers look:

So do I just wire this to the + and - parts of the tweeter or do I have to do something special because it's wired in parallel. The instructions are utter crap and explain nothing. Here is how I visualize running it:

Also please don't recommend active crossovers or anything like that. I am on a tight budget! Thanks for any input.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |

Last edited by Elan; 11-12-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote