View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bummer
Premium Member

Drives: 13 370Z RTS SR M6
Bummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDZRVIT View Post
I use a Battery Tender vice a trickle charger which could over charge i.e. destroy your battery, over a longer period of use.
I don't think this can be stressed enough. I have a motorcycle that sleeps in the winter, and I use a Battery Tender on it.

As IDZRVIT mentioned, and for those not already aware, the Battery Tender isn't a simple trickle charger. It will keep the battery healthy, rather than just charged. It comes with a stub cord that can be hooked into the charging system by the battery so you just plug the Tender into the stub cord and unplug it as needed, no clamps on the post like standard chargers. The stub cord is relatively short with a cap for the connection to the Tender. Very convenient.

Do you have to have one? Nope. But I've never regretted getting one.

Bummer is offline   Reply With Quote