View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
andre12031948
Banned

Drives: 08 350z black 6m/t
andre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj View Post
Love the current model Z styling, and looking forward to see what the new one is like. The current Z's style is clean, unmistakably sporty, powerful, and classic. The styling is integrated such that it doesn't look like one group styled the front, another the rear, another the side etc. The current Z doesn't have unnecessary styling add-ons such as the BR-Z fake fender vents, nor any inexplicable body lines going in different directions, like the 06 BMW Z4, or any exaggerated overwrought lines, like the new Z4, or C7 for that matter.
All IMHO of course.

I'd like to have a 370Z, but decided to wait until I see the new one. If it's a lot like the white ESSflow in the picture (or whatever it's name is), I'll pass like many have said, and get the current model. A lighter, better performing and more efficient car would be desirable, but not if the designers go goofy and exaggerated with the styling. The current Z is proof that a sports car can be "understated" yet distinct and impressive in styling. I can't think of another sports car that equals the Z's presence without being over-styled and exaggerated. If the new Z has the classic proportions of the original, similar performance to the current model, and continues the tradition of clean and straightforward styling without the exaggerations and goofiness of so many cars these days, then I'm a buyer.
I don't even like bigger spoilers than the current sport pkg. has. Not even a fan of the 13/14 side front lights. That's just me....
andre12031948 is offline   Reply With Quote