View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
I think this is the approach I am going to take. If they only need to do a wetsand + new clear coat, then I would accept that solution, but I definitely won't accept a repainting.

When I talk to them today, I'll just let my expectations be known, and push hard on getting someone to properly diagnose what is wrong, and what their solution would be to fix it.
When you take it to them, show them what the problem is.

Provided it's obvious and they "see it" and want to work with you, then you should let them do the talking. Best bet is not to go to the sales guy that sold it to you, but to get a hold of the general manager, sales guy, and their service department heads to all look at it - treat it as a serious problem, but put the ball in their hands - at least, let them think it's in their hands.

Let them talk. Let them tell you what the best way to deal with the situation would be. THEN make sure to state your expectations, and that you would be willing, if it would be better/easier for them, to take delivery on a new replacement and have Nissan deal with it instead of them. They may turn around and say "how long can you do without?" - to which you tell them you'll take a vehicle on loan until one arrives.

The point is to be flexible, but don't let them walk all over you, and make your expectations known up front, and give them options, instead of looking for options.

It will all depend on the people at the dealership. Better ones will treat you right. Worse ones won't give a crap and you'll have to fight it. Don't go in looking for a fight, but do go in with a level head. It takes two to tango, in this case...

The paint should be covered under warranty, but they could also claim to not see the problem and so on.

As for my dealer - I think I'll hit them up first when it comes time to replace my truck. I was going to get a Toyota Tacoma, but I think it'll endup being a Nissan Frontier (or their larger truck, can't think of the name) instead...

Same with her car - Honda Civic - could become a Versa Sedan on up to a Maxima...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote