View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeder View Post
Is the paint showing through not sufficient? I'm not sure what you mean by dealer plate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeder View Post
I've now received the emblems from Evo-R.net and after some people were saying you need a backing and some saying you don't I finally searched and found a DIY where it showed the front badged removed, and the subsequent rectangular hole that resides beneath. I'm now looking for exactly what I need to back the emblem with and how I want to go about it. I've called the dealership and ordered some touch-up paint for whatever I decide to use. I'm leaning towards some sort of cheap plastic sign at Wally World. I'll post up when I have finished painting everything and have the new badges on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
So do you need backing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maro View Post
I would like to know this too
Or any other material and which paint ? I have pearl white !!

I took a plastic dealer license plate and cut it to match the carbon fiber backing plate. I then painted the new backing plate KAD - Gun Metallic using this paint:

Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup

After the paint dried, I covered the backing plate with 3M clear bra.

I used 3M VHB double-sided tape to adhere the badge to the car.

Hope that makes sense.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote