View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
Speedy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: check my signature
Speedy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtul View Post
If the 370z was not going to be my only car for the majority of the first year that I have it, I would have gone with the 6MT as well. Manual is just a much more engaging driving experience. The 7AT is phenomenal, and its manual mode is just as fun to me as a true manual, but at the same time it is still not the same thing. Sometimes you just gotta have that foot action going on.

Edit: I don't think you need to be premium. I'm not an I've started a poll before. Also just noticed this was my 100th post!
Mine is a daily driver and I have to fight traffic, so the auto was a no brainer for me. My calf goes to sleep driving my Challenger to work in that traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i like the sound of the exhaust when mated to a MT. a lot more musical...graceful or aggressive which ever mood you're in.
In manual mode I don't see there being much difference sound wise. I have video of my auto in manual mode with the FI exhaust on my site and YouTube Channel and it is glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeder View Post
I need to find a 370Z on a used car lot somewhere and test drive it to see what I'm missing...lol!
Your really should. I think you'll be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Two reasons spring to mind. One, some of us prefer a manual no matter how good the auto may be. Two, it can't hold a lot of power.
Preference is something I can surely understand. I wouldn't want an auto in my Challenger as a muscle car should be manual trans. Having said that if I break too much more crap in that car racing it I may do an auto conversion eventually and quit throwing good money after bad. It seems the manuals are much harder on parts for that 4300 lb pig. Do they not have beefed up parts for the autos for power?
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote