View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
dtul
Base Member

Drives: n/a
dtul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I honestly can't determine why anyone would get the manual with as good as the AT trans in manual mode is. My car picked up 3MPH and 2/10ths in the 1/4 mile at the track going to manual mode in my AT. The shifts are hard like a mule kicking you in the kidneys and crisp/fast. Much faster than anyone could shift a manual. The bonus is it will hold the gear until you tap the paddle or shifter to grab the next gear.

I have a 2009 Challenger that's got a built motor, blower, etc making 600RWHP. In THAT car I had to have the manual trans. The autos in the Challenger are no where near as good as these Z transmissions are. Having said that, my manual Challenger is almost exactly .5 slower in ET at the quarter mile than an identically built/weight/etc automatic car and I can shift.
If the 370z was not going to be my only car for the majority of the first year that I have it, I would have gone with the 6MT as well. Manual is just a much more engaging driving experience. The 7AT is phenomenal, and its manual mode is just as fun to me as a true manual, but at the same time it is still not the same thing. Sometimes you just gotta have that foot action going on.

Edit: I don't think you need to be premium. I'm not an I've started a poll before. Also just noticed this was my 100th post!
dtul is offline   Reply With Quote