View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #169 (permalink)
StangerGT
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 Mustang GT
StangerGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
The EVO has a $17,000 traansmission stuck in it with an extremely advanced AWD system. There are reasons for the chintrzy interior. But that chintzy interior also affected my purchase to buy one new... I'd buy the twins or an Evo used as a beater track car. They aren't good new car values in my opinions and many other opinions... That's why in this world we have a choice where we spend our money.
When z owners say $29k for a FRS BRZ is because they wouldn't go without it being loaded.
Different market for different people. BRZ has a lower cost of ownership... cheaper to track... and seems to have a decent/cheap aftermarket for only being out for a short period of time. It was designed to compete with the likes of the miata group.

Is a 370z going to be an overall better car? probably... does everyone here want to feel good about what they own? maybe... does that factor into this argument? im sure... would I buy one over a BRZ? to be honest... no. Do people who care about interiors go for the BASE model (30k) 370z? no... so that comparison is somewhat mute.

As much as im sure everyone here has money to throw around... the price gap between mid 20s and low 30s can be significant. not to include simply the cost of tires, etc.

I personally would find a BRZ (probably used) and in the most basic form. and from there pile on suspension mods, maybe a turbo, and strip it down even more.

And if you want to argue about interiors... my DD is a 15 year old lifted Wrangler with no carpet which often is left out in the rain.

Note: also if you haven't noticed the sn95 I drive... not exactly known for its interior quality...
Maximum Motorsports Susp. | MM Adj. Rear LCA | MM CC Plates | MM Front Coilovers 350lb | MM Rear 500lb Springs | Full Cobra Brakes | FR 3.73 Gears | FR LSD/31 Spline | JPC/SCT Tune | MGW Short Shifter | Star Spec 265/35/18x9 F - 275/35/18x10 R | stock exhaust lolz

Last edited by StangerGT; 11-05-2013 at 10:41 AM.
StangerGT is offline   Reply With Quote