View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

So if anyone was wondering what I'm gonna do about the magnetic drain plug removal, here it is.

This a neodymium N40 magnet. Not even the strongest kind you can buy. But for $9.99 shipped on eBay for two of them in 1x1x0.25" it was worth it. This thing still has me laughing for how freaking strong they are!! One can hold just over 30 lbs and together over 73 pounds. Just playing with them is dangerous for it feels like I can lose a finger! I only installed one on the diff so far and this thing won't be coming off! Its freaking stuck on there. I figure with so much pulling force it will magnetize the inside of the diff and it will catch anything on the inside right where it's placed. I put it on some 0.20" AR500 (AR15 proof haha) steel and as you can see anything on the other side is stuck. I might be placing both on there for more power but we'll see. When I hook up the pump I'll stick my finger in the drain hole and feel around for shavings and decide then.

Last edited by synolimit; 11-04-2013 at 09:35 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote