View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #86 (permalink)
nicknick
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mazda mx5 2007 6sp m
nicknick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Cayman S with PDK does 0-60 in 4.1s and the 1/4 mile in 12.5s at 110 mph. It sticks at 0.99g on the skidpad and does 72.5 mph through the slalom. Those numbers blow away a 370Z by a wide margin.

Good luck with beating that. The Cayman S with 6MT is virtually identical to the 370Z in a straight line but the PDK tranny puts it WAY ahead.

I'm guessing you haven't driven a Cayman yet? It's so much better to drive than an M3 (any year, including the E30) that it's not funny. It doesn't have the grunt and punch of the current M3 with it's big V8 but it's still a way better car to drive (ie, it's much more of a driver's car).

The 997S is generally quicker and torquier but it's actually not as fun to drive, either. Yes, I'd pick a used 997S over a new Cayman S purely because I prefer the extra two seats, extra power, and better looks and because I won't ever take a 997S to a track because I can't afford to wreck it. However, from a pure driving point of view, you'll have to get a 997 GT3 to get a purer driving experience than the Cayman. The Cayman is really that good.
It may be good but it is too overpriced.
nicknick is offline   Reply With Quote