View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
I may try to hardwire my radar detector to the dummy slots on the center console (normally used in touring models) and was starting to think how hard it would be to route the USB cord from my new HU (when it gets here) to a slot there and mount it.

I'm not sure if glue would be enough to hold it, esp. in the Summer if/when it gets hot and the downward pressure when plugging something in over time....
The unit I have, the Pioneer X8500BHS, has dual rear USB plugs. This would be simple to connect an extension to, which is what I did, and just ran the cable up through the center console and pulled the end plug into my center console pocket. It's tucked away and hidden, but easy to access and still loose to allow easy connectivity of a flash drive.

However, if you wanted to permanently mount one, there are lots of options:

This one is cool - waterproof, for boats.

Lots of options.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote