View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whtfairladyz View Post
synolimit,
Two more points that need to be made.

1) The Tilton Pump you have highlighted in that Summit Racing shopping cart is for "intermittent usage only". The pump is not designed to be used continuously.

Check out the Tilton 40-527 model. It is the SAME thing, but is slightly beefier and is rated to be run continuously. I would recommend that model since people often forget to shut things off and may accidentally run the pump longer than Tilton intends.

2) In your shopping cart, you have about 4~5 different fittings from different manufacturers. I saw Summit, Fragola, Russell and others. Most Hydraulic Line builders will warn you against doing that. Mixing manufacturers can cause some serious issues between tolerences and quality. I highly recommend sticking to 1 manufacturer if doable. Otherwise, do no more than 2 in a single build. Choose a good, high quality fitting manufactuer that will offer most of the fittings you need. I generally choose to use Aeroquip myself when doing personal projects.
I want to run it intermittently while watching the gauge. Being in the trunk I won't forget to shut it off haha. I saw the continuos one but its $25 more. However tilton says its 2 pounds lighter. Not sure how a beefier pump is lighter, but if it really is then $25 is worth it to go lighter and better pump.

As for the fittings, I guess that's a risk I take. Its bull **** whats these ******* things cost and I'm not paying more for a Russell when the earl is cheaper but then earl has another fitting that's more than the Russell. If they leak I'll see it, smell it, replace it after bitching to summit and getting something for free for my headache.