View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #167 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino111 View Post
None I just was asking someone with more knowledge and experience with multiple product lines to know if there was anything better if meguairs has it covered no prob I am not devoted to a single company and will use what ever product is better for my cars finish midnight blue.

Thanks for your time.
Once you start using professional grade products, the word "better" starts to loose significant value when it comes to performance. There may be things about a professional grade product that makes it better for YOU (cost, availability, etc...), but performance will seldom be the issue. What you should concentrate on is learning how to use the product properly so that it performs up to the manufacturer's designed intent instead of trying find something "better". There are a lot of professional grade products that will take you to Shineville, just pick one and master it. However, make sure that you don't pick up any worthless consumer junk along the way. There are very few consumer grade products out there that are worth your hard earned dollar.

One rule that I try and follow to keep my choices down to a minimum is using a company's product that actually manufactures what they sell. If they don't have a manufacturing facility (like Hi-Temp, Meguiar's & Menzerna to name a few), then they are either rebottling their product or their products are made for them. By following this rule, you can pick up the phone and actually talk to someone who has a degree in manufacturing these products instead of just a company employee. When you talk to people with a degree in this stuff, they can expand on how their product works and should be used to a degree that will put you to sleep. Not that you remotely need that level of exposure to be successful, it's just good to have that access.

Just don't get fooled by the imposters out there. Having a manufacturing facility where the products are actually created (and the company's name is actually on the building where the products are created), and having a warehouse are two different things.

Last edited by Junkman2008; 06-10-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote