View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #60 (permalink)
Snakes709
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Evo-X GSR
Snakes709 is on a distinguished road

Well i went to the shop today to see how much its going to cost...$1,339.94 to take the small dent and repaint the door/re-finish the front fender/rear quarter panel. Talked to the insurence company. They said if my story is legit then im not at fault...but its going to be hard to prove. Went to the police, filled out a report. Officer said the same thing...said shes at fault but its going to be hard to prove and she will also get a ticket for running/reckless driving. Police called but didnt get a answer form the women, he said once she fills out a report he will let me know what the next step is and give me more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
Im gonna say it will still be 50/50 as you could have stopped and let her by. She migh get more fines for leaving the scene but thats probably it. And a military lawyer might be able to give you tips on where to look for laws but thats about it, they are not licensed for that state and cant work the civilian side from what I remember. Thats why they dont do divorces, its a state thing. But I would talk with them for advice. Retired Army here and I love the fact I can go to them for advice and other free things. Like you said you are paying for the service by giving your service.
I did let her go by....i stopped once realised there was no room, honked my horn for her to start turning right but she drove straight and rubbed against my car just as i was letting my foot off the clutch, car wasnt even able to creep forward...then i heard the grinding noise and put my foot on the brake.

I cant see if you are in canada or the U.S. But here in canada the military jag officers can defend you in civilian court as well. My father used a military lawyer for a civilian dispute when i was younger, when he was in the navy.

Last edited by Snakes709; 10-26-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Snakes709 is offline   Reply With Quote