View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
I live in Kansas and I'm going to drive the Z this winter. I bought a used pair of base rims, a pair of used TPMS sensors and a couple of new Blizzaks. If it's too bad, I won't go to work. I already informed the boss that if the snow's too deep, I won't be in. Next winter might be a different story, might have a winter car to drive. We'll see.
with the right tires like your blizzaks, it's definitely do-able. i ran LM60's on my G and even pretty deep snow 4-5" i was able to get to work no issue. my car is lowered so can't go much deeper as the belly bottomed out.

it's not about the functionality for me, rather just more about keeping my hobby car prestine. the amount of corrosion i found the following spring was eye opening for me. even so, that was only surface rust and a few chipped paint which i touched up using rust reformer. your car will be fine.

that said, my cars will be hibernated.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote